Seek out AAA Diamonds when looking for restaurants, hotels
With a profusion of conflicting restaurant and lodging reviews online, it only takes a few mouse clicks for consumers to become confused, yet one trusted voice rises above the discordant din: AAA.
AAA recently assigned its Diamond ratings to nearly 60,000 hotels and restaurants nationwide for 2012. The ratings, which are determined by AAA tourism editors who visit the properties for unannounced evaluations, show where establishments fit in the spectrum from basic to luxury.
From One to Five Diamonds, the ratings are not a measure of quality but a measure of the level of amenities and services offered. To achieve the prestigious Four Diamond level, hotels and restaurants must impress with a high degree of service, hospitality and attention to detail.
AAA salutes this year’s Four Diamond recipients in our area (see below), which less than 5 percent of AAA-rated properties achieve. Travelers can access all of AAA’s Diamond ratings in the printed TourBook® guides, online at AAA.com and using the free AAA TripTik® Mobile app.
Four Diamond hotels and Restaurants
- Eureka Springs hotel: Angel at Rose Hall (13).
- Fayetteville hotel: Pratt Place Inn (3).
- Little Rock hotels: The Capital Hotel (4); The Peabody Little Rock (10).
- Little Rock restaurant: Ashley’s at The Capital (4).
- Johnson restaurant: James at the Mill (14).
- Baton Rouge hotel: Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center (3).
- French Quarter hotels: Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans (1); Hotel Monteleone (9); Omni Royal Orleans Hotel (17); Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans (8); The Ritz- Carlton New Orleans (7); The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel (2); Westin New Orleans Canal Place (4).
- New Orleans hotels: Harrah’s Hotel New Orleans (5); Hilton New Orleans Riverside (1); Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue (1); InterContinental New Orleans (9); JW Marriott New Orleans (27); Le Pavillon (16); Loews New Orleans Hotel (8); New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway (1); Omni Royal Crescent Hotel (1); Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel (10); Renaissance Arts Hotel New Orleans (1); W New Orleans (11); Windsor Court Hotel (13).
- Lafayette hotel: Carriage House Hotel (1).
- Shreveport hotel: Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (1).
- French Quarter restaurant: Stella! (5).
- New Orleans restaurants: Commander’s Palace (9); Emeril’s (2); Emeril’s Delmonico Restaurant (11); Restaurant August (8); The Grill Room (11).
- Biloxi hotels: Beau Rivage Resort & Casino (10); Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi (4); IP Casino Resort Spa (5).
- Greenwood hotel: The Alluvian Hotel (6).
- Jackson hotel: Fairview Inn (17).
- Natchez hotel: Monmouth Plantation (31).
- Biloxi restaurants: BR Prime at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino (4); Jia (4); thirty-two (5); Tien (2).
- Hattiesburg restaurant: Purple Parrot Café (4).