AAA Diamonds guide hungry, weary travelers
Providing maps to members is among AAA’s specialties, but people also use AAA as a reliable compass in the search for quality hotels and restaurants.
AAA’s Diamond ratings, from One to Five Diamonds, show where lodgings and restaurants fit in the spectrum from basic to luxury and guide members in selecting establishments that match their needs. The ratings are not a measure of quality but of the level of amenities and services offered. To earn Four Diamonds, lodgings and restaurants must impress with excellent service, hospitality, and ambience.
AAA is proud to salute the following Four Diamond Award recipients in our area. Less than 4 percent of the nearly 60,000 AAA-approved properties were awarded this distinction for 2013.
Travelers can access AAA’s Diamond ratings in the TourBook® guides available at AAA offices; via the TripTik® Travel Planner at AAA.com; and in the eTourBook® guides and AAA Mobile® app for tablets and smartphones.
Four Diamond hotels and REstaurants
- Eureka Springs B&B: Angel at Rose Hall (14).
- Fayetteville hotel: Pratt Place Inn (4).
- Little Rock hotel: The Capital Hotel (5).
- Little Rock restaurant: Ashley’s at The Capital (5).
- Johnson restaurant: James at the Mill (15).
- Baton Rouge hotels: Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center (4); Renaissance Baton Rouge (1).
- French Quarter hotels: Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans (2); Hotel Monteleone (10); Omni Royal Orleans Hotel (18); Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans (9); The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans (8); The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel (3); Westin New Orleans Canal Place (5).
- New Orleans hotels: Harrah’s Hotel New Orleans (6); Hilton New Orleans Riverside (2); Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue (2); Hyatt Regency New Orleans (1); InterContinental New Orleans (10); JW Marriott New Orleans (28); Le Pavillon (17); Loews New Orleans Hotel (9); New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway (2); Omni Royal Crescent Hotel (2); Renaissance Arts Hotel New Orleans (2); Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel (11); W New Orleans (12); Windsor Court Hotel (14).
- Lafayette hotel: Carriage House Hotel (2).
- Shreveport hotel: Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (2).
- French Quarter restaurant: Stella! (6).
- New Orleans restaurants: Commander’s Palace (10); Emeril’s (3); Emeril’s Delmonico Restaurant (12); Restaurant August (9); Restaurant R’evolution (1); The Grill Room (12).
- Biloxi hotels: Beau Rivage Resort & Casino (11); Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi (5); IP Casino Resort Spa (6).
- Greenwood hotel: The Alluvian Hotel (7).
- Jackson hotel: Fairview Inn (18).
- Natchez hotel: Monmouth Plantation (32).
- Biloxi restaurants: BR Prime at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino (5); Jia (5); thirty-two (6); Tien (3).
- Hattiesburg restaurant: Purple Parrot Café (5).
Help guard yourself against identity theft with awareness
Identity theft remains one of the fastest-growing crimes in the country, but AAA members can arm themselves with the best defense against the crime: awareness.
The crime of identity theft involves using someone else’s personal information, such as an account number, to commit fraud. Now, AAA offers a new identity theft monitoring benefit, ProtectMyID® Essential. This free benefit is included with your AAA membership and replaces the former CreditCheck® Select program. With ProtectMyID® Essential, you receive daily monitoring of your Experian credit report, e-mail alerts when key changes are detected, Lost Wallet Card Protection, and fraud resolution assistance. AAA Premier members also receive $10,000 in Identity Theft Insurance.
You can enroll online at AAA.com/identity or by calling (877) 440-6943.
If you are currently enrolled in CreditCheck® Select, you may either access your account online at AAA.com/identity or re-enroll in ProtectMyID® Essential.
ProtectMyID® Essential is provided by ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., an Experian® company. To be eligible, you must be 18 or older and a current member of AAA Missouri. If you cancel your ProtectMyID® Essential benefit for any reason, you may not re-enroll at a later date. Benefit subject to change or termination at any time without notice. Certain terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Identity Theft Insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis, Inc.