AAA Diamonds help members find the best hotels and restaurants
To find a quality hotel or restaurant, look for the sparkle of AAA Diamonds.
AAA recently assigned its well-researched Diamond ratings to about 58,000 hotels and restaurants nationwide for 2015. AAA is the only rating system that conducts on-site, unannounced inspections using guidelines based on member priorities. From one to five Diamonds, the ratings show where establishments fit in the spectrum from basic to luxury.
Lodgings must be stylish and provide guests a high level of hospitality to earn Four Diamonds. Likewise, Four Diamond restaurants must offer fine dining with upscale service and ambiance.
AAA salutes the following Four Diamond recipients in our area. Only approximately 5 percent of the AAA-rated lodgings and 2.5 percent of the AAA-rated restaurants earned Four Diamonds for 2015.
Four Diamond Properties
- Eureka Springs B&B: Angel at Rose Hall
- Fayetteville hotel: Pratt Place Inn
- Little Rock hotels: The Capital Hotel; The Empress of Little Rock
- Johnson restaurant: James at the Mill
- Baton Rouge hotel: Renaissance Baton Rouge
- French Quarter hotels: Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans; Hotel Monteleone; Le Méridien New Orleans; Omni Royal Orleans Hotel; Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans; The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans; The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel; Westin New Orleans Canal Place
- New Orleans hotels: Harrah’s Hotel New Orleans; Hilton New Orleans Riverside; Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue; Hyatt Regency New Orleans; InterContinental New Orleans; JW Marriott New Orleans; Le Pavillon Hotel; Loews New Orleans Hotel; New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway; Omni Royal Crescent Hotel; Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel; Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel; Windsor Court Hotel
- Lafayette hotel: Carriage House Hotel
- Shreveport hotel: Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport
- White Castle hotel: Nottoway Plantation & Resort
- French Quarter restaurant: Restaurant R’evolution
- New Orleans restaurants: Commander’s Palace; Emeril’s; Emeril’s Delmonico Restaurant;
Restaurant August; Root; The Grill Room
- Biloxi hotels: Beau Rivage Resort & Casino; Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi; IP Casino Resort Spa; Palace Casino Resort Hotel
- Greenwood hotel: The Alluvian Hotel
- Jackson hotel: Fairview Inn
- Natchez hotel: Monmouth Historic Inn
- Biloxi restaurants: BR Prime at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino; Jia; thirty-two; Tien
- Hattiesburg restaurant: Purple Parrot Café
Nottoway Plantation & Resort is a Four Diamond Hotel in White Castle, La. Nottoway Plantation & Resort photo
Learn how to maximize your AAA savings and services
While AAA is known for rescuing stranded motorists, its benefits extend far beyond the roadside to include a host of other valuable savings and services. To discover all of the ways you can use your card every day to save money and make your life easier, attend one of the upcoming “Maximize Your Membership” meetings.
At these free and informal presentations, you can learn about AAA’s travel and automotive services, insurance coverage, and about the exclusive discounts and rewards that can save you more than the cost of a membership. Please RSVP for the meetings below.
- Thursday, Jan. 15, at 2:30 p.m. in Little Rock, Ark., at 9116 Rodney Parham, (501) 223-9222, Ext. 101
- Wednesday, Jan. 21, at 11 a.m. in Southaven, Miss., at 7111 Southcrest Pkwy., (662) 349-4021, Ext. 0
- Monday, Feb. 2, at 6 p.m. in Metairie, La., at 3445 N. Causeway Blvd., (504) 838-7500, Ext. 0
- Tuesday, Feb. 3, at 6 p.m. in Jackson, Miss., at 900 E. County Line Road, (601) 957-8484, Ext. 0
- Monday, Feb. 9, at 6 p.m. in Baton Rouge, La., at 5454 Bluebonnet Blvd., (225) 293-1200, Ext. 0
- Tuesday, Feb. 10, at 6 p.m. in Bentonville, Ark., at 1501 SE Walton Blvd., (479) 254-9223, Ext. 101
- Tuesday, Feb. 10, at 5:30 p.m. in Slidell, La., at 1300 Gause Blvd., (985) 781-7068, Ext. 0
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, at 6 p.m. in Shreveport, La., at 6570 Youree Drive, (318) 797-0262, Ext. 0